Welcome friends, fellow pooches, & "Fuddpucker" clan to my blog.
Since I've become a Virgina gal I've learned a few things....running down mountains is great fun, Bar -B-Que's smell yummy, and alot of my new friends have the last name "hound". Most importantly life is grand if you are a Vizsla with a blog. Read and smile.


Slurp,
AGNES
(REPETE BIGROCKS SOMEWHAT SAINTLY)


**Don't forget to check out my slideshow at the bottom of the page!


Friday, January 23, 2009

CATS and SPIDERS and TURKEYS..Oh,MY!

Point"ing\, n. 1. The act of sharpening.
2. The act of designating, as a position or direction, by means of something pointed, as a finger or a rod.
3. The act or art of punctuating; punctuation.

Yes, I actually looked this term up as Agnes has decided this should be an Olympic Sport. Not just any Olympic sport mind you but one that has numerous feats of agility, awareness and of course stealth.

My dear sweet princess is "pointing" everything. Hmmm, I do believe it may be that I took her Auntie Sharon's words of advice... "Praise her when she points the cat", " Praise her when she holds the point and it will get longer and longer" to heart and praised with passion.
O.K. truth be told I would trap the cat in the same room with her and let her "practice".
Now I have a point for anything that moves slightly. The spider coming down on a barely there web ? Not a chance - POW - Agnes is pointing. A cricket in the basement ? Doesn't stand a chance! That gals on point and waiting for a rifle to take that bug down!
AND size not an issue... heaven help the turkeys that think they can hide in a bush or fly to a tree, Olympian Agnes has 'em in her sights. Check out the photo's of her first "wild bird" point. A turkey hen that thought it could out wit her. Yep, an Olympic Sport.





No comments:

Post a Comment