Welcome friends, fellow pooches, & "Fuddpucker" clan to my blog.
Since I've become a Virgina gal I've learned a few things....running down mountains is great fun, Bar -B-Que's smell yummy, and alot of my new friends have the last name "hound". Most importantly life is grand if you are a Vizsla with a blog. Read and smile.


Slurp,
AGNES
(REPETE BIGROCKS SOMEWHAT SAINTLY)


**Don't forget to check out my slideshow at the bottom of the page!


Friday, July 3, 2009

TWO FOOTER'S AND WORDS!

Whew, well friends, with two legs and four, I've been so bow wowing busy!
Not just playing but actually doing something called “work”. Actually I've added some new words to my doggy dictionary in the last few months...”Title” “Rally” “Therapy” and “Dog Show”. I've included the definitions of these odd terms humans use for my fellow tail wagging readers.

Still a bit confused by most of these but, well ya know us four footers we are an accepting lot.


title

noun, adjective, verb, -tled, -tling.
1.the distinguishing name of a book, poem, picture, piece of music, or the like.

**I've now earned one, an RN, also called a Rally Novice. My mom says I did real well, and I got to wear some pretty ribbons, got my mom all giggly silly over some great scores, and got sloppy kisses from many many two footers about being a mere 10 months old. Sheeeesh according to the definition all I can figure is I'm a book, poem or piece of music. I'm thinking the last – Pretty certain I'm in the HIP HOP genre!



ral·ly
v. ral·lied, ral·ly·ing, ral·lies
1. To call together for a common purpose; assemble:


**Yepp, this is what I did. A “Rally” thing. There was a group of four footers and two footers so that meets the definition. I'm pretty sure our common purpose was to spin in circles and try to stay with our two footed owners in a little square they call a ring – Humans ! A square called a ring ??? Stooopid!
I was pretty good cuz I follow her just like that when she sips too much wine.


dog show
noun,
1. - a competitive exhibition of dogs
show- the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining; "a remarkable show of skill"


Well my tail wagging pals THIS is what they call where four footers Rally, Title and a whole lot of other fancy words. There is actually a place where we run in a circle, and back and forth, and our owners actually force us to eat treats! Not Kidding! They call it “the breed ring” and it's a confusing crazy place. I run, I stand, my mom kneels next to me, messes with my feet, my tail, my collar – everything. Then I run again. Weird Uh ? But it is “publicaly entertaining” humans clap & dogs bark. Of course the rally and other “can ya sit, down, come, do obedience junk?” square rings is obviously the “remarkable show of skill” stuff. Mom says I did that. I say gimme a bird, or tennis balls from heaven and I'll showwww ya real skill!

therapy
noun,
1. - the act of caring for someone. The word "therapy" comes from the Greek "therapeia" meaning "a service, an attendance" which, in turn, is related to the Greek verb "therapeuo" meaning "I wait upon." Therapy was (and is) a service done to the sick.

I love this word. I always thought mom was saying “ They're a pea”. Bow WOW do I feel silly. As for caring, being in attendance, and service it's what I do all the time – I mean come on all, I'm a four footer, and us four footers are here to save the world, one heart at a time!
FYI, mom did let me know that I became certified as the first Vizsla Pervasive Developmental Disorders Assistant Dog, the youngest dog to do so. I'm pretty sure this is because RALLYing with tail wags at DOG SHOWS for TITLES is the best kinda THERAPY. (Whew hope I got the two footer vocabulary right!)
Smooches,
AGNES

No comments:

Post a Comment